Considering a career as a Family Day Care Educator?
Excellence In Care is a family owned and operated business whom believe in offering a clear-cut friendly, supportive and educating services to educators, we service and support our educators as they are fundamental for a great scheme, why not join our family.
If you enjoy the company of children and want to make a difference in their lives by providing quality care and learning experiences from your own home, then family day care may be right for you.
We are a Scheme that strongly believes in bringing the ‘Family’ part of Family Day Care not just to the children of the service, but its parents and most importantly its Home Based Educators.
When you join Excellence in Care you do not just join our scheme, but you become part of the family. Where there is always support, sense of community, friendship and professionalism.
As an Educator you would :
- Choose working hours to suit your needs
- Earn a rewarding income working from home
- Have access to training which can increase your parenting skills, personal growth, and professional development, which will lead on to further formal qualifications
- Provide valuable socialisation and learning experiences for your own child/children
- Have support and guidance from start-up and we will provide you with ongoing training and support through regular visits, monthly meetings, phone calls and scheme events
- Keep appropriate child records, financial records, and administrative records
- Required to use HubWorks!, which is an all in one, attendances, invoicing, cashbooks accounting, software. It is a 3rd party software, which we supply full in-house training
Be part of a family of Family Day Care professionals in your local area whom strive towards quality Family Day Care.
What support would you receive?
Our experienced, qualified, professional staff in the Family Day Care Coordination Unit are there to support you by:
- Regular visits to your home to provide support and advice
- Organised play sessions each week for you and your children to attend
- Phone, email and face to face support
- 24 hr phone support
- Orientation training, regular in-service training and advice and assistance on further education
- Child placements
- Local advertising
- Advocating on your behalf for better Industry Standards, on behalf of the service to protect the good name and standing of the service within the community
- Advice and support in business management and professional conduct, including conflict resolution
- Administrative support
- An online private FORUMS only for EIC educators to access. A pace for discussions, advice, sharing ideas, craft ideas, programming and planning templates, Observation templates and access to all forms and policies
- Hubworks Training
Many families will be eligible for child care fee assistance.
The main payments families may be eligible for are:
Excellence In Care will on pass these fee reducations to you. The parent will pay the remaining ‘gap’ fee to you.
Putting Family back into Family Daycare, our philosophy is different to other schemes, we care and support educators to ensure they offer the best services to our children. Please contact us to discuss any questions you may have.
Before you commence as a Family Day Care Educator, we will work with you to ensure that you possess all relevant requirements, certificates and safety equipment, in order to ensure the utmost quality of your care. The screening and certification process to become a Family Day Care Educator is thorough, but Excellence in Care will walk you through all the steps to ensure this process is completed to national standards.
As a Family Day Care Educator you are responsible to ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- Maintain public liability insurance coverage up to $10 million
- Ensure that an accredited Senior First Aid Certificate, including Asthma and Anaphylaxis management, and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation must remain current at all times
- Maintain a positive notice blue card and letter. All adult occupants and regular visitors require a current blue card and letter
- At all times you must meet requirements for a safe and hygienic family day care environment; which will include condition of premises, play equipment and all equipment used for family day care
- Hold or actively work towards a Certificate III in Children’s Services
- Obtain Doctor's clearance relating to physical and mental wellbeing
- Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service training
- Maintain all Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Comply with all Family Day Care Policies and Procedures at all times
- Follow the correct procedure when treating and reporting incidents
- Follow all State and Federal legislative requirements
- Follow and practice correct fire and emergency evacuation procedures, as necessary
- Comply with all relevant ATO and record keeping requirements
- Regularly Program and Plan, also completing regular observations on children in care
For more detailed information on obligations and expectations of family day care: FDC Obligations
For more information on becoming an Excellence in Care Family Day Care Educator, please contact our office to arrange an initial appointment.